Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Baby Talk

It's five o'clock in the morning and I'm listening to baby talk on the monitor. Two of the triplets have been up for feeds in the last hour. If I can just drink a reviving cup of tea and eat the toast that is almost ready without interruption, I can survive until the end of my shift.

On the whole it has been a good night. I hit the evening/morning low at 2.30 when I was freezing despite being bundled up in layers and I was struggling to stay awake. I still feel cold but I know that this is due to exhaustion after only three hours' sleep yesterday.

The peace and quiet didn't last and I have had two of the triplets crying for two hours. It is almost 7 a.m. and the end of my shift. How I long for my bed....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh my! Two crying triplets is a challenge. I hope you at least got to drink that tea and have your warm toast before they did wake up. Hang in there...

Hugs ~
Heidi