Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Shades of Orange

It has been a blustery autumn day, even though it is not cold. When out walking this morning, I found myself crunching through the falling leaves and admiring the changing colours. It is interesting that predictions were for a magnificent display of fall colours after a wet summer, but many of the leaves have shrivelled and fallen off without changing to those magnificent shades of red, orange or gold.

It was also the first time that I have seen a garden decorated for Hallowe'en, complete with gravestones and bones. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me at the time, but I will try to get some photographs soon.

A visit to Heidi's blog, in which she posts about Hallowe'en started me thinking about putting up a few decorative touches. I don't have many decorations ~ just the Hallowe'en scene which I featured last year and a few Hallowe'en lights. It does make for a nice cosy glow in the living room.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, Marie! I'd have many fall decorations either. What few I have, I did place around last week. I love fall decorating though. But lack of storage makes too many seasonal extras hard to put away until next time! I love Halloween...We hope next weekend of have a little Halloween party, have our young nieces and newphew over--decorate cookies, eat treats...mmm...Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Primrose Corner said...

Adorable pumpkin lanterns. The leaves are changing here and some of the colours are getting quite intense. I'd send you some but they'd probably shrivel and break by the time they got there.

Perhaps I'll have to blog some. I watched a squirrel in the garden today trying to bury cob nuts under the fallen leaves. The wind would blow the leaves away and he'd start again. Could be a cold, hungry winter for that little chap.

The Vintage Kitten said...

I really like the spooky ornament X

Heidi said...

I love your Halloween scene. I too don't have many decorations for this holiday but that is okay as I think my tree adds just the right touch to the autumn decorations. You are right about lights adding a nice glow at this time of year as the days grow longer.

I just love to hear the leaves crunch under my feet. If there are lots, I find myself kicking them up in the air like a little girl again. :)

Hugs ~
Heidi