Friday, 26 September 2008

Delightful Designs


I would like to introduce you to a small business that I came across this summer. Little Dove Designs is dedicated to cross stitch samplers and the talent behind these delightful designs is Faye Walsh.

Faye is a very talented lady and she has produced some beautiful sampler kits. There are some charming samplers for the home; for special life events including anniversaries and births and seasonal celebrations.

I purchased a sampler kit via eBay, but you can also purchase directly from Faye's website. Service is personal and fast and shipping is free worldwide! With thoughts turning to Christmas, I will be planning another visit to Little Dove Designs soon.

Those of you who read my blog and have blogs related to needlework, please help to spread the word about this wonderful small business.

*Photo copyright Little Dove Designs ~ used with permission.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

VERY pretty sampler! Thanks for the tip and the link...I used to do a lot of such stitcheries...with winter approaching could be a good craft to revive! Happy crafting :o) ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

Off to check out her website. The sampler you show is just beautiful. How is your lighthouse stitching coming along? I would love to see a progress photo of it if you don't mind.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Wild Rose said...

Tracy & Heidi ~ I hope that you will mention my recommendation if you drop by!

My lighthouse sampler is not really making any progress. Since the end of summer, I have found it too dark at home to sit and work on it. I need to get a really good task light and a magnifying ruler, as I keep losing my place on that complicated chart!

Marie x

Heidi said...

Just came back and read your response. I wanted to tell you what a girlfriend does when stitching. She hates loosing her place and she now copies a chart and has a pencil to hand as she stitches. As she works, she marks off rows she has done and when she sits down the next time to stitch or searches when she has looked away, she instantly knows where she was in the chart. Would that maybe help?

I have very inexpensive but fabulous lights from IKEA. Is there one in Toronto? It is a long arm on a heavy base that can bend right over my stitching and quilting. It has an 11volt tube lamp so low voltage that also does not get too hot and gives perfect and clear light. I only paid 15 euro for it while an Ott light is about 10 times this amount in a stitching shop.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Wild Rose said...

Heidi ~ thank you for the suggestion with the chart ~ great idea!

Yes, we have an Ikea in Toronto, not far from where we live. Do you happen to know what your light is called?

Marie x