Wednesday, 9 July 2008

Sweet Little Sweater For Katy

After a busy week, I managed to return to my knitting this weekend and completed this little sweater for my new niece Katy Victoria.

This is a pattern that I have knitted before, although I usually make the jacket version, complete with hood. I decided that as it is summer, she doesn't really need the hooded version.

The pattern is a double moss stitch with pretty cable detailing. I found a couple of cute buttons for the back, but I was unable to get a good photo of them ~ either invisible or blurred!

Now I need to get it packaged up and post it before she grows out of this size!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ah! What a sweet sweater. It is so well made and I take my hat off to you Marie. I am sure that Katy will be warm and happy in it. She will be needing it as it is not a warm summer so far on this side of the pond and we tuck into a sweater in the evenings.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Tracy said...

The sweater is ever so sweet and lovely, Marie! That shade of pale pink is just perfect for a little baby girl. Where did you find the pattern for this? I'm on the look-out for gift ideas to make for my sister's baby. So great to catch up with you here and see all you've been doing now we're back from holiday. Such fun to see your stitching in progress previous post! Look forward to talking to you soon! Happy weekend ((HUGS))

Mia said...

How cute is the sweater! Sooo pretty and so tiny. Just lovely. Congratulations on becoming an aunt again. I am an aunt for two boys, but it would be lovely to be able to make such pretty garments for a little girl, somehow more fun than little boys garments.

Tea Time and Roses said...

Oh Marie what a sweet little sweater! I love it, and this shade of pink says little girl all over! I am sure she will be cute as ever wearing it! You have a lovely rest of the week!

Smiles...

Beverly

Naturegirl said...

Sweet sweet sweet...the sweater and the little one who this sweater is for!