Thursday, 31 July 2008

Refreshing

There is nothing quite so refreshing as a glass of sparkling water with a slice of lemon on a hot summer afternoon. It always tastes better when presented in a pretty glass.

I bought a set of these glasses a few years ago. They are French and feature a delightful dragonfly design. Their green colour is pleasing to the eye and such a refreshing change from the everyday glasses from a certain big box store.

Using them reminds me of our visit to the little town where I bought them on a cold winter's day. I get such pleasure from seeing and using them.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovely glass, Marie! Can easily see why you love them--delightful! I love a little sparkling water with a sliver of lemon or lime--the slight citrus really jazzes things up! Happy Day...and keep cool ;o) ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

Love the glass! And I love sparkling water too. I think anything from water to juice to a yummy dessert tastes better when placed in a stemmed glass. It is very hot here now in Holland and I am ready for autumn to start. How is it there now? Is it still raining?

Hugs ~
Heidi

LOUISE said...

I like sparkling water with lemon too. I always have this when I go out for a meal, I'm not that keen on wine. x