Thursday, 31 July 2008

Brillante Award


I had a delightful surprise yesterday when I received this award from Tracy at Pink Purl. Thank you Tracy ~ it is always nice to receive an award and what girl doesn't enjoy receiving a diamond? (Even if it is only a picture of one!)

I understand that I am supposed to share six random facts about myself. I can't remember what information I have shared in the past, so if I duplicate a previous post; it is unintentional.

1. I am a tea drinker. I always start the day with a freshly brewed pot of tea and whenever I go out to a restaurant, I am very particular about how my tea is made. If it is not made with boiling water, it is quickly sent back! Why is it that those who don't drink tea think that it is fine to make it when there is the slightest hint of heat, rather than waiting for the water to boil?

2. I hate heat and humidity, so I'm not sure why I live in southern Ontario....actually, I can tolerate the higher temperatures provided that there is shade, but I don't like being outdoors when it is humid. This may be partly due to the fact that my hair frizzes at the slightest sign of humidity and I look like Crystal Tipps! For those of you who never saw her on t.v. take a look at this.

3. I am a bit of an insomniac ~ that's an understatement! It is not uncommon for me to be wandering around during the night, although I am better than I used to be. I think that this comes from years of shift work and disturbed sleep patterns.

4. Partly for this reason, I am definitely a morning person. By mid-afternoon, I am happiest at home and it takes a lot to persuade me to go anywhere in the evening. I prefer a quiet night at home and an early night.

5. I am an avid reader, as those of you who frequent my blog probably realize. I read about a book a week and enjoy frequent trips to the library to pick up the latest recommended reads.

6. Although I can drive, I have never owned a car since I have lived in Canada. Living in a big city, it is so much easier to get on the subway (underground) and zip along to my destination than battle through city traffic. When I lived in the U.K. I couldn't have imagined life without a car.

Well, that is my list and now I have to nominate 7 people to share this award:

Fiona at Linen & Roses
Priscilla at Priscilla's Cottage
Beverly at Tea Time & Roses

Some of you ladies may have already received this award, but I would still like to share it with you.

I am taking a blogging break for the next few weeks, so I would like to wish you all an enjoyable summer.

10 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

Congratulations on your award Marie.
Thank you so much for your kindess on passing this on to me, I have received this recently but I don't think I did the 6 random facts, so I will perhaps have to do that at some point!
Tee hee I loved Crystal Tipps as a child and was only just thinking about the books the other day.
I'm afraid I'm with you on the sleeping, it is quite horrid at times isn't it, good job I work from home though as I can generally have a nap in the afternoon if needed!
Thank you again
love Alison x

Tea Time and Roses said...

Hello Marie!

Thank you so much for this beautiful award! It is a pretty one indeed, and one I am so honored to receive from you my friend. A big congratulations to you too! You and your lovely blog so deserve this honor! You have a wonderful break and I will talk to you soon!

Smiles...

Beverly

LOUISE said...

Congratulations on the award. Marie, I didn't know you had this blog on the go as well. What a surprise to receive a message from you about winning an award. I nearly didn't see it, it went into my spam folder! Great facts about you, both of us here are morning people and usually turn in by 10pm! Enjoy your break away from the blogs, I shall come and visit this blog again, now I know it exists! x

Heidi said...

Back from Cranberry Cottage only to come by and pick up this award from you. Thank you and congratulations yourself. You know I enjoy stopping by to visit you. Since I too am a tea drinker, I wish it could be for real for a cup of tea and chat. I prefer tea from a pot rather than made in a cup. I do sometimes do it for speed but it just doesn't taste the same. I also hate heat and humidity and am enjoying a few days of cool temperatures and rain before it warms back up again this week.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Priscilla said...

Hi Thank you for the 'Dimaond' award, I enjoyed reading your facts, I too am a wander around in the night person, I dont sleep until around 3.00am, ha,ha

Thank you again for the lovely award

Priscilla x

Tracy said...

You are very welcome for the award, Marie...I was so glad to be able to share it with you, my friend! :o) Such fun to read your list...I'm with you on the first item. And ordering tea out in a restaurant is a bit of a gamble, isn't it...I've sent back many a teacup/pot! Better no tea at all than badly prepared tea! Enjoy your blogging break...We'll be here when you get back! Happy Days ((HUGS)) Oh, stop by if you can though, as this week I'm having some gift giveaway fun! :o)

Mia said...

Hello Marie! I have really enjoyed reading about you. And I do realize that we have at leas one thing in common; tea drinking. I can not imagine starting my day without a freshly brewed pot of tea. But unlike you I am not a morning person. As for driving, I do drive, but I am just as happy not to. For eight years we lived in Oslo (the capital) and did not own a car, since you really could get everywhere by public transportation (and finding a parking spot in the city was hopeless) but now, living on the countryside, a car really is a must.

Emily said...

Hi, I am a new blogger and just happened across your blog this morning and had to stop to read! I just had to tell you how much I enjoyed it :)

Emily said...

Thanks for stopping by my humble little blog! Hope you're enjoying your break. I look forward to reading more when you return to it!

LOUISE said...

When you are back from your well deserved break, please pop over to my blog to pick up an award. x