I had a delightful surprise yesterday when I received this award from Tracy at Pink Purl. Thank you Tracy ~ it is always nice to receive an award and what girl doesn't enjoy receiving a diamond? (Even if it is only a picture of one!)
I understand that I am supposed to share six random facts about myself. I can't remember what information I have shared in the past, so if I duplicate a previous post; it is unintentional.
1. I am a tea drinker. I always start the day with a freshly brewed pot of tea and whenever I go out to a restaurant, I am very particular about how my tea is made. If it is not made with boiling water, it is quickly sent back! Why is it that those who don't drink tea think that it is fine to make it when there is the slightest hint of heat, rather than waiting for the water to boil?
2. I hate heat and humidity, so I'm not sure why I live in southern Ontario....actually, I can tolerate the higher temperatures provided that there is shade, but I don't like being outdoors when it is humid. This may be partly due to the fact that my hair frizzes at the slightest sign of humidity and I look like Crystal Tipps! For those of you who never saw her on t.v. take a look at this.
3. I am a bit of an insomniac ~ that's an understatement! It is not uncommon for me to be wandering around during the night, although I am better than I used to be. I think that this comes from years of shift work and disturbed sleep patterns.
4. Partly for this reason, I am definitely a morning person. By mid-afternoon, I am happiest at home and it takes a lot to persuade me to go anywhere in the evening. I prefer a quiet night at home and an early night.
5. I am an avid reader, as those of you who frequent my blog probably realize. I read about a book a week and enjoy frequent trips to the library to pick up the latest recommended reads.
6. Although I can drive, I have never owned a car since I have lived in Canada. Living in a big city, it is so much easier to get on the subway (underground) and zip along to my destination than battle through city traffic. When I lived in the U.K. I couldn't have imagined life without a car.
Well, that is my list and now I have to nominate 7 people to share this award:
Louise at Home Is Where The Heart Is
Fiona at Linen & Roses
Heidi at Celebrate The Seasons
Alison at Vintage Amethyst
Priscilla at Priscilla's Cottage
Jess at The White Verandah
Beverly at Tea Time & Roses
Some of you ladies may have already received this award, but I would still like to share it with you.
I am taking a blogging break for the next few weeks, so I would like to wish you all an enjoyable summer.