Monday, 19 May 2008

Margaret Rutherford Is Miss Marple


I suppose that I am a little biased when it comes to this movie collection, as I knew that I would love it even before I received it. I can remember watching these movie classics years ago and I have taken every opportunity since to enjoy them again. Margaret Rutherford is terrific as Miss Marple and the fact that they are in black and white adds to the atmosphere.

It could be said that these hark back to a simpler time when serious crime was something of a rarity and the village policeman still walked the beat and knew everyone.

Personally, I can't think of a better way of enjoying a rainy afternoon than sitting down with a cup of tea and indulging in a little nostalgia.

4 comments:

Vintage Amethyst said...

I love Miss Marple too, I love the old tv series with Joan Hickson.
I loved the new tv versions too with Geraldine McEwan, I loved all the costumes so lovely.
I would absolutely love to live in St. Mary Mead ~ tee hee.
Love
Alison x

Priscilla said...

Miss Marple! Love her, british village life at its best..... tea rooms and cottage gardens, I often want to jump into the tv, ha,ha. I love a good murder mystery.

Priscilla x

Heidi said...

Another Miss Marple fan here! I love the holiday season as BBC puts them on TV then. I do prefer Joan Hickson as Miss Marple. She is just the cutest little old lady. I have never watched one of these you bought. And I will echo Alison's sentiments that I too would love to live in St. Mary Mead!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Wild Rose said...

Alison & Heidi ~ I do agree that Joan Hickson takes some beating as Miss Marple ~ she is so sharp and yet gives the illusion of a little old lady minding her own business! Of the most recent incarnations, she is definitely the best.

Priscilla ~ wouldn't it be just wonderful to live in that english village and spend the afternoon solving murder mysteries!

Marie x