Friday, 9 May 2008

Anyone For An Egg?


I spotted this cute little hen kitchen timer some time ago and then discovered one on eBay for only $5.00 How could I resist? My kitchen is badly in cheering up, so I have left it on display and just seeing it brightens my day.

There seems to be a bit of a hen thing going on at the moment. I opened the April issue of Country Living Magazine and was greeted by this centre-page spread. These pin-up girls are such fun ~ I put them on the fridge door and awaited a response. Needless to say, Paul didn't even notice until I pointed them out to him!

6 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Love all the chooks....especially the timer!

:-) Rosie

Mia said...

Needless to say... I am all for hens! I really like your new kitchen timer (I have only a boring metal one from Ikea...) And the poultry pin-up looks lovely. We are expecting some new "girls" to our henhouse later this month, some pretty ones (even though they are not necessarily the best layers...)

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog. I had planned to close my blog, but it was not to be... and I am indeed happy to say that I will continue blogging and visiting my favourite blogs, like yours.

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hello Marie......

Well, goodness me! I used to have a chuckie timer like this a few years ago, I’m wondering what happened to it, I think I maybe gave it to my daughter.

As you know Country Living is my favourite monthly magazine, and I do agree their poultry pin up spread is fascinating.

Thanks for your good wishes for my US trip. Take care and hope you are feeling much better. Marion x

Tracy said...

Very cute timer--very cheery too! I saw that pin-up section in CL...what a hoot! Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

monique said...

The timer is gorgious!
I also LOVE hens, they're cute.

Priscilla said...

Cute egg timer! I have recently come to quite like hen designs, very country cottage..... My egg timer is an apple! Love the poster it made me smile....

Priscilla