Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Parceval Hall and the Yorkshire Dales

posted on Tuesday 22nd January 2008

I’ve been feeling a little homesick for the past few days, so I was browsing through my photo albums and I decided to do a post about Yorkshire. I have some beautiful views, so I may decide to post about it on a more regular basis.

Parceval Hall which is located near Appletreewick in the Yorkshire Dales. This is such a beautiful place and so peaceful. In summer there is a profusion of old-fashioned roses in the rose garden, but this last visit that I made was in the month of September when there was less to see in the way of flowers.

The Hall is reached via a narrow winding country lane, but it is definitely worth the drive. The walk up from the parking area reveals the Hall in its beautiful setting surrounded by the hills of the Dales.

There are 16 acres of woodland on the estate and a pretty woodland path that winds up the hill and overlooks these views. Outside the Hall itself, there is a waterlily pond with this tranquil scene and sculpture.

I hope that you have enjoyed this tour of Parceval Hall and that you will join me again for further Yorkshire adventures. I have now completed my move to WordPress and it has gone smoothly. I am only relocating Dreaming of Wild Roses at this time: my business blog is remaining on Blogger until I decide whether I settle in here. If you currently link to my old home, please update your link. Thank you!
4 Comments »

4 Responses to “Parceval Hall and the Yorkshire Dales”
on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 at 8:14 am1 Tracy
Looking forward to going to your lovely Yorkshire again soon, Marie! It looks lovely there…And I like your new look here at Wordpress! Happy Day ((HUGS))

on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 at 10:52 am2 Heidi
Oh Marie, this is so beautiful! I have never heard of Parceval Hall but will have to try and go see it one day. The scene is just so typical Yorkshire. Yorkshire is heaven on earth! How often are you able to get back home to England?
The new blog page looks lovely. I will be interested to hear how you compare Wordpress to Blogger after you have been here a while. I will be running out of space and will be switching then as I think it is silly to have to pay and if I understand it correctly, you do then.
Hugs ~Heidi

on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 at 5:28 pm3 Lynda
I can see why you feel homesick, Marie! It looks so beautiful!
So you decided to switch to Wordpress afterall! Let me know what you think of it … I don’t seem to have as many issues with Blogger as you did but Wordpress has a few features that I really like … especially the ability to reply to comments!
~ hugs, Lynda xo

on Friday 25th January 2008 at 2:53 pm4 Priscilla
Hi marie, Thank you for sharing pictures of yorkshire, I have family that live in north yorkshire, although I dont see them very often, it is a lovely ride to see them although I have never done any real sight seeing……I look forward to more posts form you!
Priscilla x

No comments: