Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Nature Study

posted on Wednesday 6th February 2008

We had another winter storm overnight and a fresh snowfall on top of the snow that fell last Friday. It certainly looks like a winter wonderland this morning. Although it is not sunny, I thought that it was too good an opportunity to miss, so I went out to take some photos of the beautiful trees and gardens under their blanket of snow.

Can you see the fir cone in amongst the branches? The snow is quite wet, so it clings to the trees.

It is quite mild and the forecast is for freezing rain later, then further snowfall tonight, so it will be interesting to see how long it remains. For now, I am content to admire it from indoors.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Nature Study”
on Wednesday 6th February 2008 at 12:41 pm1 Heidi
Hi Marie! I have to catch back up with your blog tomorrow but wanted to say hello. I have my quilt group coming and don’t have much time today on the computer. I love these photos! How pretty freshly fallen snow is! We have no hope of any as our temperatures are still far too high. They said it will feel like spring this weekend with it reaching 10C and higher. Oh well, our bulbs are going to be blooming soon.
Hugs ~Heidi

on Thursday 7th February 2008 at 3:08 am2 Sasha
What gorgeous photos… such a beautiful part of the world that you live in! I am a lurker, who has resolved to come out and comment on my favourite blogs… so here I am!

on Friday 8th February 2008 at 3:46 am3 Marion
Stunning pictures Marie, you have captured Mother Nature’s winter beauty so perfectly here. Marion

No comments: