Saturday, 23 February 2008

Cookie Comfort

I called my Mum this morning and we had a chat about the latest news, including our news from earlier this week. She told me that she had received the card I sent her, which is actually a Mother's Day card, as this falls next weekend in the U.K. I haven't seen Mum in almost three years and I can't believe how the time has passed. I came off the phone feeling upset that I can't be there to spoil her on her special day and can't even give her an assurance that I will be able to visit this year.



So after a stressful week, I was in need of some comfort. I decided to do some baking this afternoon and made Honey Oat Biscuits from a recipe that I saw at The Homely Year ~ thank you ladies, they are delicious!






After this, I decided to make my favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies. I use the Be-Ro recipe, which I have been making for years, which I have just discovered is now online! I had no idea that Be-Ro had embraced today's technology.


The kitchen was soon filled with the scent of baking and it was a real home comfort ~ just what I needed.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Baking during the weekend--such a treat! Your cookies look great...oatie biscuits and choc. chips--my faves! Happy munching...((HUGS))

Heidi said...

These cookies both look so yummy! I agree that both the baking and then the eating of homemade cookies is a comfort. I am sorry it has been so long since you have seen your mother. Mine comes to Holland once a year which makes it easy for me as I don't like to fly with my chronic illness. I am very fortunate. How good that your card has arrived well before Mothering Sunday. I am sure that it means alot to her. Living far from family is never easy, that much I know.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Dear Marie.....

After reading this post, I just wanted to give you a hug. Doing homely things such as baking does bring a comfort I know.... and your cookies look so delicious. Wish I could pop in for a cup of tea and a chat in your warm kitchen.

Does Mum have access to a computer and your blog I wonder. In this day and age when families are so far flung the internet is such a wonderful way of keeping in touch with web-cams and e-mails etc.

I miss my son terribly, he lives in Switzerland which of course is only a couple of 2 hours flight away, my daughter lives in Oxfordshire, a long drive, but we do get to see each other a few times throughout the year, nevertheless, I miss them, its those simple little occasions like unexpected visits, when they’d just pop in for a coffee and a chat.

Wishing you happy days Marie - Marion