Wednesday, 20 February 2008

The Cazalets

posted on Saturday 16th February 2008

The Cazalets was originally shown on PBS and I have been searching for a copy for months. After a failed attempt to buy a copy on e-Bay ~ the shipper declined to ship to Canada ~ I managed to buy one via Amazon. Tonight, I am planning an evening of nostalgia, as I love period dramas; especially from this era.

The stories of Elizabeth Jane Howard were turned into this series by the BBC. It follows the lives of the Cazalet family whose story begins in 1937 as the clouds of war are forming. It is such a wonderful production that if you have not seen it, I would encourage you to do so. The cast are so talented and their characters so believeable that it is not long before the viewer is immersed in their story and at the outbreak of World War II their lives are changed forever.

1 Comment

Two Responses to “The Cazalets”
on Monday 18th February 2008 at 1:15 pm1 Heidi
Hi Marie! I remember when this was on the BBC but I did not watch it as it was on too late in the evening. I am not a night owl needless to say. How fun that you were able to find it finally on Amazon. Enjoy watching it! Are you all organized for you next trade show?
Hugs ~Heidi

on Wednesday 20th February 2008 at 7.21pm
Yes it was on the BBC and I didn't watch it either but I do have a great feeling of nostagia towards these old TV shows. Obviously I'm not the only one as the Beeb is now doing a series called "The Cult of Sunday Night" apparently this week it was about "POldark", which I loved, sadly I missed it as we don't have BBC3 or 4 or whatever but I'm sure it will come to terristrial soon.

No comments: