Wednesday, 16 January 2008

Summer Dreams

We have been to the Toronto International Boat Show today. This show takes place each January and it brings a hint of summer to the cold, dark days of winter. Who can resist dreaming of the summer days to come?


We own a boat, but it is a long time since we have been sailing because it has been undergoing major renovations. It has been a long job and there is still a lot of work to do before we can launch again. We were hoping that it would be ready for this coming spring, but that may be a little optimistic...it has already been out of the water for more than three years.


I know that when we are ready to launch again, it is going to be a reason for a party! I doubt whether I will be allowed to smash a bottle of champagne against the hull (might damage the paintwork), but maybe I can spray it over everyone like they do in Formula One!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Summer dream is right...wonderful photo! You look so happy there on your boat. And your Formual One idea is a good one, worst comes to worst ;o) I love being out on a boat, it's been years...We live in a coastal town, but marina space is limited and waiting lists for a free spot can take years! So no boat of us, I don't think. Happy Day ((HUGS))

Naturegirl said...

Marie what a wonderful dream boat!! Oh my would I be in my glory sailing on this one!! Great photos...hope you get in some happy sailing this summer! hugs NG

Heidi said...

It must be fun to have a boat and I hope yours will be ready for this boating season. What great photos of you on this boat. Are they taken on your boat?

And now I can see why you also like lighthouses.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Wild Rose said...

Yes, these photos were taken on our boat about six years ago. I couldn't find any more recent photos that gave any kind of perspective ~ most photos seem to have something obstructing the view!

Marie x