Friday, 18 January 2008

Reading And Relaxing

It is a cold winter's evening here tonight. I had planned on posting about a recent trip to the thrift shop and the bargains that I found, but I think that will keep until next week, as I have yet to take some photographs.

We don't actually have any snow at the moment, but with the mercury dropping, I am planning on spending most of the weekend indoors and catching up on my reading. I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice as part of Cherry's book group ~ I've read it before, but it was a long time ago. I'm also reading Murder at Deviation Junction by Andrew Martin which features Jim Stringer as a railway detective. The story is set in Victorian England and this current novel is based in Middlesbrough and York ~ both places that are familiar to me. I think that I may light a few candles to create a homely atmosphere ~ I love watching those flickering flames. Enjoy your weekend and stay warm!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Well, I have just found the answer to my question on your other blog as to what book you are reading. :) I too am reading a Jane Austen ~ Persuasion. And I am working on The Pride and Prejudice quilt now too. I have been feeling rather in a 'Jane mood'. The photo you used for this post is so pretty and peaceful feeling. Enjoy the candlelight and good read!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Lynda said...

Isn't it cold tonight, Marie!! I've shut all the curtains trying to keep as much of the cold out as I can. I can't wait to see your recent thrift finds! We do need to have another trip together soon! Enjoy your evening! ~ hugs, Lynda xo

Priscilla said...

Hi Marie, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the awards! Its really great we can let everyone know we enjoy their blogs..... I also love the flicker of a candle flame they are so relaxing, I am burning yankee candles peppermint cocoa at the min though and it tends to make me hungry, ha,ha. yes the theatre is a hobby at local church group, its great fun we do three a year including a pantomime (which I am in in Feb!) I have only just found 'dreaming of wild roses', I usually visit you at Wild Rose, see you again soon

Priscilla x

Wild Rose said...

Heidi ~ I wish I could claim this photo as my own, but it isn't! It does create a feeling of peace though.

Lynda ~ I can't believe how cold it feels ~ we have really been spoilt this winter as it has been so mild until now.

Priscilla ~ I love pantomime, although I haven't been to one for three years ~ they are really an English tradition and not found here.

Marie x