Sunday, 16 December 2007

The Winter Storm Continues...


What a difference four hours makes. We have had significant hourly snowfall, with a lot of accumulation on the trees in the garden. They are now weighed down by the weight of the snow.

Four about five hours, the snow was coming down at about 5 cm per hour. By 1pm, it was fairly deep.

I missed a photo opportunity when I saw two skiers going down the road ~ by the time I got the camera, they had disappeared.

Update: by evening, we had an estimated 28 cm of snow here in the city. Far short of the 45 cm forecast, but more than enough to keep people busy digging out tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

WOW! I just looked at Lynda's photos and now get to see your pretty snow photos too! I think Christmas has arrived. It is like the old Christmasses of my childhood. I really miss snow here. I hope you are able to stay warm indoors and not have to travel much in it though.

It is so nice to be able to visit with all my blogging friends now this week. I missed it last week.

~~ Heidi ~~

Nonnie said...

Goodness! I can't imagine that much snow. We used to get a lot in Yorkshire when I was growing up but down south it rarely snows, particularly not in London. We usually get one or two falls a winter and it rarely lasts more than a day. I do miss it. Although I'm not sure I'd want as much as you've had.