Monday, 17 December 2007

Christmas Sparkle

A trip to the newsagents this morning was richly rewarded by the arrival of two magazines that I have been looking forward to buying for several weeks. The first is the Christmas issue of Country Living magazine, which has been on sale in the UK since November, but takes a while to land here in Canada. I am delighted that it actually put in an appearance before Christmas, so there is time to enjoy it before the actual event next week ~ normally, it arrives after the festivities have ended.



The second is a magazine that I read about at Pink Purl. Whilst my french is probably not up to this, I am looking forward to browsing through the pictures and seeing some French style: Marie Claire idees. This is packed with festive goodies and projects.

I have been experiencing a few problems lately with loading photographs to Blogger. Added to this is the issue of my blog banner shrinking ~ can anyone offer a solution to this one? I tried deleting and reloading the photograph, but it has not made any difference.

I'm going to put my feet up and enjoy my purchases this evening. After an hour of digging our car out of a snow drift this afternoon ~ I was on brushing duty clearing more than a foot of snow off the roof ~ I think that I have earned it!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Both of these issues were fantastic! I love Marie Claire Idees...great inspiration, and gives me a chance, no matter now small, to brush up on my bad school-days French--LOL! Hope you had fun indulging in some good reading and feet up! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Heidi said...

I agree that you have more than earned an evening with your feet up enjoying these magazines! I have the issue of CL and just love this magazine. I looked through the Winter Ideas from MC and it is a really great issue too.

Are you all set for Christmas?

~~ Heidi ~~

Mia said...

The english Country Living magazine is a favourite of mine too. But the home of Amanda Meade´s is not featured in it (ref. a previous posting of mine), she is in fact the owner of a store i England, called English Country Living. Her home was featured in one of the norwegian decorating magazines (and a swedish one too). Sorry about the confusion.

Looks like you have had some serious winter weather with lots and lots of snow. So far we have not had any, but we have had a lot of heavy frost, which has made everything very pretty, just the same. Speaking of pretty, you Christmas tree looks just lovely! I do wish you a lovely Christmastime and a joyous New Year.

Matroskin said...

I love Marie Claire Idees - how nice to think that people read it on the other side of the globe too. I don't know a word of French, but most of the instructions are clear enough.

My banner keeps diminishing/growing without my doing anything. I've had photo dilemmas too. Sometimes Safari won't load my photos, sometimes it's Firefox. Sometimes Blogger won't take several photos at a time, just one by one. So unless you are computer wiz, I recommend trying another browser.

I love your snow pics! No snow here.

Britt-Arnhild said...

Enjoy your magazines and the holidays :-)

Naturegirl said...

Hello Marie I have recieved magazines from blogger friends in Germany and even though I cannot read the words the pictures are worth a thousand words!
I am moving very slowly so forgive me for not getting here sooner..I had a bit of a fall with crutches i'm ok but pride wounded as the therapsit removed the crutches and I am now with wheelchair (not wheelie) and the four legged walker :(
I wanted to say thank you for your concern and friendship.
May the spirit of Christmas leave its rich blessings in the hearts of you and yours!hugs NG