Friday, 30 November 2007

Jessica's Gifts

Many months ago, I asked Julie at Little Cotton Rabbits if she would make my little niece Jessica a birthday present. Before you all get excited and think that Julie is taking commissions; I must stress that this was at a time when she was still doing custom orders. I told her that there was no rush, as Jessica's birthday is in November.


Some time later, Julie contacted me and told me that she was working on two projects and asked which one I thought Jessica would like. I chose a ballerina polar bear and here is the result of her efforts ~ isn't she delightful! Julie kindly made a pretty bag for my gift and sent her to Jessica. Thank you Julie ~ I so appreciate your kindness.





Jessica was three last month and I can hardly believe where the time has gone. I last saw her when she was five months' of age and it broke my heart when she looked at me through the car window and gave me her enormous smile. Here is a photo taken at the hospital shortly after she was born. What a proud Auntie! I love you Jessica.

The second gift is a bag that I first saw on Julie's blog when she bought one for her daughter Amy. It was made by the talented Alice at Raspberry. I thought that Jessica would love it and it was perfect for her holiday, so I quickly ordered one before it sold.



The attention to detail is incredible and though I have yet to see the bag (other than on a photo), I do appreciate the time involved in Alice's work ~ view other examples on her blog.

5 comments:

julie said...

Thanks so much Marie - I'm really glad that Jessica liked her - what a lucky girl to get one of Alice's beautiful bags too!

Tracy said...

Sooo sweet--love the ballerina and the bag. And what a precious photo of you & Jessica--love your beamy smile, auntie! Happy weekend to you, my friend ((HUGS))

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

What a proud and happy aunty!!! I adore the ballerina polar bear, such a sweetie dressed in marshmallow pinks. I’m sure Jessica is delighted. Gorgeous bag too, a perfect match. Lucky girl..... Marion

Tea Time and Roses said...

Oh Marie, how cute is this little ballerina! What sweet aunt you are! I know she will be cherished forever!

Smiles...

Beverly

Heidi said...

What a sweetie~pie Jessica is! I can see why you are smitten. The gifts you ordered for her are really great and very personal.

~~ Heidi ~~ (who is trying to catch up with you as I have not been able to visit in a few days.)